Jumping Back to Normal or Staying the Same

Masks are no longer mandated in Penns Valley High School, which means things are going back to normal.  In the lunchroom, there are still desks spaced 6 feet apart, and students want their lunch tables back are doing a so-called protest. I happen to be a part of the protest with a couple of my friends. We combine our entire group’s desks together to make this big table so we can have actual conversations during lunch.  Other students started to catch on and now we have a total of 4-5 big tables of desks throughout the cafeteria. Classrooms also have desks still spread apart 6 feet. My main question from all this half covid, half non-covid school atmosphere is: When will we actually go fully back to normal?  Or will we never? I am a junior in high school currently, which means I have never had a normal high school experience. This is heartbreaking to a lot of students because we never got the experience that everyone else has received in previous years. Are we now too used to the covid precautions in a school atmosphere to fully go back to a normal high school experience? A small portion of the school is still wearing masks due to their beliefs and health precautions. But when will the constant worry stop? This could be another couple of months or years until everyone feels like they don’t need to take precautions? There’s no way to tell.