The Reviews Are In!

Aiden Claar

This past Friday and Saturday, the Penns Valley Thespians Club performed the musical Bye Bye Birdie. This show included student actors, students involved in crew, local musicians in the pit, and the aid of many adults, including Michael Marini and Jonah Klixbull. The musical tells the story of Albert Peterson (played by Isaac Braucht) as he tried to put together one last performance for his most popular client, Conrad Birdie (Barret Boring), and marry his secretary, Rosie (Annie Racette). Even with a predicted winter storm, the musical still occurred on both Friday and Saturday night.

On Friday, a parent said the musical was, “. . .beyond expectations. . “ This parents went to see the musical a second time on Saturday.

Many other people in attendance shared the same opinion of the musical. The musical was very well done. You could not tell that this musical had a completely new staff. The performers tastefully executed the musical. I even found myself occasionally laughing on show night, even though I saw that exact musical six times in the same week.

However, many people never see what happens behind the scenes and what happens months in advance. The level of dedication and involvement that these students put forth in this musical is astonishing. I had the privilege of being involved in this musical and got too many of the behind-the-scenes parts of this musical, including the many hours of practice leading up to the performance. Regardless of opinions, the musical was a great example of the dedication and talents of the students involved.